BVSSC Goals 2014-2015
- Collaborate with Parent Engagement Network (PEN) and CU School of Education to screen “Breaking the Silence” documentary at a BVSD middle school PEN event.
- Advocate with BVSD to add LGBQ & T as a demographic on school climate survey.
- Work with BVSD to add LGBTQ content (heavy on the T) to new teacher orientation.
- Create a template for Family meetings with schools regarding transgender youth.
- Follow up with BVSD regarding LGBTQ content in Sex Education.
- Create culturally responsive interview questions for BVSD Human Resources.
- Pull together LGBTQ existing lesson plans.
- Update BVSSC “Everyone Counts” resource guide.
- Participate in Board of Education strategic planning.
- Participate in BVSD Administrator interviews.